Late last year, I worked with the Colorado Mammoth to do a ticket matching with fans to send children from Mount Saint Vincent’s Children’s Home (MSVCH) to experience a Mammoth game. It was a success and through Twitter caught Denver Outlaws‘ General Manager, Brian Reese’s eye. He said they would love to do something similar for Outlaw’s games. Something I was quite excited about to say the least. I’ve been working with them for the past few months to put something together to give the kids a unique experience. I’m very excited to say we’re now ready to move forward.
The big point, and where you come in, is the Outlaws have agreed to offer up $5 tickets with a 1:1 match for each Outlaws home game. To send one unit (group of kids + guardians) from MSCVH it takes 15 tickets and there are six Outlaws home games. What I would love to do is send at least two units to each game and get extras for the July 3, game for the fireworks.
What the Outlaws Have Offered
While attending the games will be a huge experience, many of them have never been inside Invesco Field, the Outlaws are taking it a step further to provide an additional unique experience for each game.
- May 14th vs. Nationals: Pre-game meet and greet
- The kids will get one on one time with Outlaws players and the opportunity to obtain autographs and take pictures with the players
- June 11th vs. Bayhawks: Locker Room/Production Bay Tour
- The kids will get the chance to see the Outlaws’ locker room and a behind the scenes look at where the TV magic happens
- June 25th vs. Lizards: Pre-game field passes
- The kids will get to be on the field to watch pre-game warm ups
- July 3rd vs. Cannons: Post-game fireworks
- July 16th vs. Rattlers: Pre-game meet and greet
- The kids will get one on one time with Outlaws players and the opportunity to obtain autographs and take pictures with the players. This gives those kids who weren’t able to attend the first meet and greet session an additional opportunity.
- July 30th vs. Cannons: On the field for player introductions (Team Tunnel)
- The kids will get to be on the field for player introductions with the team passing through the lines the kids form.
How to Get Involved
With tickets costing $5, it makes it easy to contribute to the your level Even if you can only afford to buy one ticket, with the Outlaws matching your purchase, at the very least, you’re sending two kids. I know it can seem rather odd to ask for ticket donations for a local charity, but this provides an opportunity for MSVCH to teach life and social skills that they would not otherwise get an opportunity to.
Want to get involved?! You can either contact me through the contact form or at mdafni at fanshelp.org.